Research available from The University of Auckland through UniServices.
Talk to us so we can pull together the right team of researchers for your project.
- Advanced Composite Materials - The Centre for Advanced Composite Materials works with industries which need new composite materials. The centre specialises in natural fibre composites.
The centre works in three broad fields on projects including the following:
- Design, manufacture and modelling of advanced composite products
- Development of novel polymers
- Natural fibre/polymer composites
- a novel class of modified aniline polymers with strong anti-microbial and anti-oxidant properties.
Ductile Magnesium Alloys - A new magnesium (Mg) alloy system containing small amounts of tin, lead and zirconium.The new alloys exhibit high ductility with elongation of 20~28% at room temperature in as-cast state, similar to many cast aluminium alloys.
- Materials Accelerator - The Materials Accelerator brings together scientists and engineers from five universities and three Crown Research Institutes.
Centre for Advanced Composite Research and six other University of Auckland centres playing a key role in a materials development programme that aims to transform New Zealand’s manufacturing sector through partnerships between research and industry.
Nano-reinforced gold coatings reduce the input costs of precious metals and improve component reliability.